Friday, June 11, 2010

Bask in the Glory!


(...and the sun keeps shining!)

All is well on the Boston front! I am settled into the apartment and my job! Last weekend Miranda, Theo and I went to Arnold Arboretum, which was a super long commute (maybe an hr. each way?), but totally worth it! We had a lovely afternoon walking around and seeing new, beautiful things!

Work is great! I finished my initial project researching the current political context in Sudan and Uganda and my first round of bios on African women leaders for the Women Waging Peace Network. Next week I will be contacting all of the women that I've written bios on to arrange email/phone interviews with them... soo I may be getting to talk with at least a few of the women! Very very exciting! Also, several of the women are from Nairobi!

Also, the president of Hunt Alternatives Fund, Swanee Hunt is... a big deal. (she's the woman in the middle in the picture).

Today I sat in with a meeting with Christina Asquith, who's one of the editors of the new journal, Solutions.  Super interesting, sounds like a great perspective - definitely worth checking out!

No comments:

Post a Comment